Is Your Home Ready to Withstand El Niño's Severe Winter Weather?
Early in the month of November, winter weather starts to get real. The National Weather Service is predicting that the winter of 2015-2016 will be more severe than those in the recent past. This is due to a meteorological phenomenon known as El Niño, which is expected to exert an unusually strong influence on temperatures and snowfall this winter. MyContractorList.com is your partner in home maintenance, so consider this following checklist to ensure that your home is ready to withstand the elements this winter.
Exterior Maintenance Needs
Hiring a professional to assesses and perform basic maintenance needs results in high-quality work that will preserve the well-being of your home. MyContractorList.com provides access to companies in your neighborhood who are ready to get you winterized for the season. Here are a few tasks to consider having done before severe winter weather sets in:
- Driveway maintenance- Any cracks in your concrete or pavement are likely to get worse with freezing temperatures. A contractor can fill and seal them, keeping your driveway in good repair.
- Outdoor pipes- A burst pipe is a nightmare to deal with. Have a plumber inspect your home for exposed pipes to be insulated and protected.
- Gutter maintenance- This annual chore is essential to protecting your house from water damage. Clear gutters wick moisture away from your home, and a contractor can quickly and safely clean this important part of your home's exterior.
- Roof inspection- A licensed contractor can inspect your roof for worn shingles, damaged seals and other issues. Catching a roof problem before the dead of winter makes fixing it easier and more cost-effective.
- Deck cleaning and sealing- Your deck is like an outdoor family room during the warmer season, so don't neglect it now that winter has come. A professional cleaning and sealing of your wooden deck or porch will preserve its beauty and protect it from damage caused by snow and freezing temperatures.
MyContractorList.com- Placing Winterizing Services at the Tips of Your Fingers
MyContractorList.com is in the business of connecting real people to great home repair and maintenance services. Our directory of experienced, dependable contractors is always free to search, and we offer live customer service, Mon-Fri 9-3 EST, to help you with any questions you may have. MyContractorList.com is here to help your winter be as cozy, warm and secure as possible!